Sunday, April 13, 2014

Opening went with a bang!


Very good afternoon indeed, even my horoscope was in tune with it, to wit:     

Sagittarius 11/22-12/21
Your friends are all-important today, and they may surprise you with support and love and all the rest of the awesome package. Enjoy the day, as this kind of social well-being doesn't happen all the time.
And so it came to pass..
People from many decades of my life came and celebrated and enjoyed and met each other and enjoyed that too.  Students from decades ago, friends of theirs, artist friends from the 70s and the present day, the chaplain who helped me so much after Andy's death, neighbors, sick and well, stitcher friends, a lovely steady stream of people, including some really impressive artists and their friends










Seen here a series of pix of people newly introduced and hitting it off just fine.

And this, of dear friend K and our mutual friend G, I will treasure, for reasons readers of my Field and Fen blog will already have guessed.




Many people taking pictures of me and each other, and me with each other, and I remembered to give a couple of people my camera so you could see, too, since I'd got so engrossed in the convo I forgot to take pix.  I feel so important.  For the moment, at least.

After the excitement was over, I retired to the deck to drink a glass of wine and eat pomegranate chips (don't ask me, I was given them) and calm down with more Lucia and Miss Mapp.
Great day, and some interesting insights from a lot of the comments I heard and read in my guest book.

3 comments:

  1. how wonderful to have so many people come and support you and see your wonderful weaving, no more than you deserve you have worked so hard on this project and now can reap the rewards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time was had by all - particularly the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pics and it sounds like a fabulous day. Well done and you're looking pretty fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.