Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jewelry returns!




Not for sale this time, though, since this already has a destination.  I really enjoyed making this one. I used fishing line for the warps, and gold fine thread for the weft, and a magnetic clasp, to make it easy to put on.

This was very close work, since the beads were mostly size 11, i.e. tiny, and the warp was invisible, so that was interesting.

Anyway, it will be on its way tomorrow, and I hope the receiver likes it. And I'm sure her wrist is not as gnarly as mine!

4 comments:

  1. Fine gold thread? Oh my....scary thought! I was stitching with metallic thread today and it's a brute to work with, despite judicious application of Thread Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks very nice. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I'm sure the recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.